Land's End circular
This varied walk takes in beach at Whitesand Bay and cliffs at land's End and Sennen Cove, as well as looping in through beautiful countryside and farmland.
|2 hrs 50 mins
|Explorer sheet 102
Register to create & share your own walks
- Whitesand Bay
- Sennen Cove cliffs
- Land's End cafes and amusements
- Start at Sennen Cove Beach Car Park at the southern end of Whitesand Bay beach. Leave the car park heading uphill to the east. Turn right when the path forks and cross Covehill Rd onto Maria Lane and follow this along the top of the village with great views across the Whitesand Bay. As you reach the end of the village the road forks. Take the left-hand turn. A short distance down this road you move onto a footpath across field heading south.
- Following the path will lead after 1/3 mile to a road called Treeve Moor. This short road will lead down to the A30 which you cross onto the B3315 opposite. Follow this road past Land's End Camping and The Apple Tree Cafe. Just after the cafe there is a turn on the right which leads to a style and a path through fields. Keep to left along the field and continue through the farm yard at Trevilley Farmhouse across another style and on to a track.
- Follow footpath signs through the fields for 1/3 mile until reaching to gate into a brush-filled valley. Continue along the side of the valley to the right until you meet with the South West Coastal Path at Mill Bay. Turn right and continue west along the well trodden costal path. The route on this section is difficult to miss and passes through some dramatic cliff-side scenery including Pordenack Point and an arched sea stack called the Armed Knight.
- The path then leads to the main tourist area at Land's End itself. This is a convenient place to find refreshments and toilets, though some might find it a little tacky in it's overt consumerism. After Land's End continue following the path north until you reach the impressive cliffs at Sennen (which are popular with rock climbers).
- After the Sennen cliffs the path runs down a series of steep steps back into Sennen village. Continue straight through the village and you'll end up back at the Sennen Cove Beach car park where we started.